animal rights ethics > gruppe messel
For a long time, we have been running our website simorgh.de > ‚from animal mythologies to an antibiologistic animal sociology‘. The site has grown so much ‚contenwise‘ with its subsections, that it was time to summarize the results of years of generating animal rights-related thinking in a comprehensive form on a new site. In addition, there was the problem that the spelling of the name „simorgh“ ( ≈ the Persian phoenix) causes problems for many people. In the future, the page Simorgh.de shall be our specific space for contributions that are more relevant in terms of animal mythology, while contributions on animal rights in terms of animal rights ethics shall be made accessible here. In the probably rather long lasting phase of reorganization there will be some overlaps. This may be forgiven.
The content clarifies the objectives
- Nonhumans and an antibiologistic ethic
- critical approaches regarding society’s stances towards Animality/’Being Animal‘ and the natural co-existent entitites
- as a political agency: being a pluralistic, creative ’subjective being‘
We clearly take a radical antibiologistic stance in terms of Animal Autonomy, Animal ‚Liberation‘ (which can be a quite difficult term), Animal Right as well as Environmental concerns.
Animal Rights — From Animal Mythologies to an Antispeciesist Animal Sociology — notions on freedom, Animal Rights and animal thought > to be contextualized with discussions about altered views on the natural enviromment and Human Rights
Tierautonomie, ISSN 2363-6513 – the journal contains English and German texts
Arts, poetry, and alike — Philozoe, ISSN 2702-8178. An e-journal on image creation, mythologies and experiencing subjectivity.
We have always seen and see our activism as a form of creative expression. Creative subjectivity helps to express inter-subjective perspectivities in fine tuning.
Other publication projects
- Secular mysticism — Simorghi / سیمرغی a philosophical journal on secular mysticism and iranian culture, ISSN 2701-374X.
- Propaganda und Widerstand — eine Methodik zur soziologischen Analyse von Fotografie im und unter der Herrschaft des Nationalsozialismus > Forschungsarbeiten von Dr. Miriam Y. Arani.
- More activities by the EDITION FARANGIS (link still has to be added)